Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Eggbake!

This is the best eggbake you'll ever have.  It's easy, freezes well, is tasty leftover...it's just Eggcellent!
6 T. vegetable oil
6 cups shredded frozen hash browns
2 c. grated cheddar (I use cheddar)
1.5 c. diced ham or sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion (I usually don't do this for the non-onion eaters in my family)
2 cups evaporated milk or whole milk (I usually use whole, but sometimes just use what I have)
6 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Other seasonings (garlic powder, italian seasoning, onion, etc.)

Mix together oil and potatoes in 9 x 13 baking pan.  (*Yes, you can put into a foil pan.)  Press into flat shape on bottom of pan.  Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes or until crust begins to brown.  Remove from oven.  Layer cheese, meat and onions on crust.  Set aside.  Combine milk, eggs, and seasonings in bowl, and beat until blended.  Pour egg mixture over layered ingredients.  Return to oven at same temperature.  Bake for about 45 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Allow to cool 5 minutes before cutting.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh nom, this looks delicious! I've never made an Eggbake before.

    ReplyDelete